Steve Aoki 'Blown Away' By Datsik's Debut, Vitamin D » Gossip

Steve Aoki 'Blown Away' By Datsik's Debut, Vitamin D » Gossip/Steve Aoki
Steve Aoki and Datsik
Photo: MTV News

Dim Mak label head calls Canadian rising star 'one of the best dubstep producers I've ever heard.'

To say bass music is accepted in America is to accompaniment the obvious: DJs like Zeds Dead, Flux Pavilion, 12th Planet, Skrillex and Bassnectar are arena sold-out shows in the U.S., and some (like Knife Party on "Antidote") are accommodating with names as big as Swedish House Mafia. One ascent brilliant in accurate alike co-headlined with EDM figure and 2012 Woodie Award appointee Steve Aoki on the broadly acknowledged Deadmeat 2012 Tour. He's Canadian, his name is Troy Beetles, and he commands a bass movement of his own about the apple — assuming and bearing as Datsik.



When MTV News bent up with Aoki recently, he appear that he and Datsik affirmed at the Identity Anniversary aftermost summer. "I knew about his music, and I knew about what he was writing, but aback I saw it live, it affiliated the dots for me," Aoki remembered. "And afresh he angry in his new anthology for Dim Mak. I aloof was absolutely absolute away. This is one of the best dubstep producers I've anytime heard."

Their consecutive Deadmeat Tour, which concluded beforehand this year, served as a agent for Datsik to analysis out some of his new album's actual and added adhesive the pair's beginning friendship.

"It was insane," Aoki said. "I absence this guy. Aback I don't see Datsik, I get these withdrawals. I'm like, 'Ugh! I charge Datsik around! What the f---! Where are you, dude?' "

Datsik aggregate the love: "I had so abundant fun with you, bro. I did not apperceive what to apprehend out of this accomplished thing, and it was aloof crazy."

Aoki continued, "I'm aloof dancing to his music, every distinct set, for 55 shows. It aloof never got arid because his sh-- is f---ing fire! F---ing fire!"

Fiery is absolutely a applicable description for Vitamin D, Datsik's admission anthology on Dim Mak. It's a sonically able bass hip-hop bonanza and more. A fan of Snoop, Dr. Dre and the Wu-Tang Clan, Datsik fills his anthology with exquisite, gut-wrenching dubstep hip-hop gems like "Fully Blown" (with Canadian rapper Snak the Ripper), "Bonafide Hustler" and "Napalm" (with ambassador Messinian and rapper Downlink). "Don't Feel Right," featuring Shakedown's "At Night" vocal, is both afire and abatement piano euphoria.

And Datsik has his own favorites: "I got a brace of advance with my aloof Downlink ('Syndrome' and 'Napalm'). I got addition one with Jonathan Davis from Korn, which is additionally a accord with the Infected Mushroom (Vitamin D's aboriginal single, 'Evilution'). I did addition accord with the hip-hop blemish fable Z-Trip (album afterpiece 'Double Trouble'). For me, that's my admired clue off the album, aloof because it's so aback to my roots. Working with Z-Trip was amazing!"

Fans can bolt Datsik assuming at the Coachella anniversary afresh this weekend, Michigan's Electric Forest Anniversary in June and New York's Electric Zoo Anniversary in August.

Post a Comment