Gossip » Melissa McCarthy is EW's Queen of Comedy

Melissa McCarthy is EW's Queen of Comedy 
Melissa McCarthy is EW's Queen of Comedy


Offering up her best Queen Elizabeth impersonation, Melissa McCarthy appears on a fun-filled cover for the new issue of Entertainment Weekly.

Set to hit newsstands today (October 28), the 41-year-old "Life As We Know It" actress posed for a colorful spread while talking about her high school goth phase, nasty comments regarding her weight and her movie "Bridesmaids".

Highlights from Miss McCarthy's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to visit Entertainment Weekly!

On a blogger writing about her weight: “My first thought was ‘Gosh, I hope she doesn’t have a daughter.’ And then after a second I thought, ‘What a sad, troubled person. You’re making such a s—ty judgment on people.’ Do I sometimes hope I wake up in the morning and people are like, ‘What’s wrong with her? She looks emaciated,’ ” she says. “Of course I would love that. I’m such a clothes whore I would love the opportunity to be a hanger. But I think I’m more confident than I’ve ever felt in my life. I always thought it was worth the fight. Now I know it is.”

On what she'll do if her kids try to "pull some crap" like her 3-year goth phase in high school: “I will embarrass my kids to their core. I will threaten to show up in hot pants and a tube top. Their dad will drive me. And he’ll let me and my friend Lisa get pretty drunk in the backseat and we will come into that party and just rip it up.”

On her final day on the "Bridesmaids" set: “I felt like school had ended and I was saying goodbye to all my best friends and it would never be this perfect again.”

Melissa McCarthy is EW's Queen of Comedy 
Melissa McCarthy
Melissa McCarthy is EW's Queen of Comedy 
Melissa McCarthy
Melissa McCarthy is EW's Queen of Comedy 
Melissa McCarthy



Photo Credit: Entertainment Weekly

Post a Comment