Celeb Music » Big Boi & M.I.A.'s Tributes to Amy Winehouse: Listen Now!

Big Boi & M.I.A.'s Tributes to Amy Winehouse  
Big Boi & M.I.A.'s Tributes to Amy Winehouse: Listen Now!

Continuing the long-line of celebrity mourners, M.I.A. and OutKast's Big Boi have come forward with two musical tributes to late singer Amy Winehouse.

Just hours after word of Amy's untimely departure broke, British rapper M.I.A. came forth with her previously unreleased track titled "27" - the age of Miss Winehouse when she died - as well a heartfelt message.

"I recorded this song…and never put it out. Its a unfinished demo. R.I.P A.M.Y," she wrote on her Twitter over the weekend.

The lyrics of the song strike strong comparison to the fallen rocker's struggle with drugs and alcohol, "Said you're all mouth and no brains/ all rock stars go to heaven/ you said you'll be dead at 27/ when we drunk in a English tavern/ the owner poured you the Bourbon/ and you drunk yourself so rotten.

Also taking to the social media site to offer up his support, Big Boi paid tribute wrote, "Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix and now Amy Winehouse. All died aged 27. RIP to you all #amywinehouse."

Adding to his condolences, he tweeted a link to a remix of Winehouse's song "Tears Dry on Their Own," as he wrote, "NEW!!! Amy Winehouse – 'Tears Dry on their Own' Organized Noize Dungeon Family Remix."

MIA Tribute to Amy Winehouse





Amy Winehouse - "Tears Dry on their Own" (Organized Noize Dungeon Family Remix) by Big Boi


Big Boi & M.I.A.'s Tributes to Amy Winehouse 
M.I.A
Big Boi & M.I.A.'s Tributes to Amy Winehouse 
 M.I.A
Big Boi & M.I.A.'s Tributes to Amy Winehouse 
 M.I.A
Big Boi & M.I.A.'s Tributes to Amy Winehouse
M.I.A
 Photo Credit: Getty Images

Post a Comment